14 E. Liberty Street | Cincinnati, OH 45202,
Roman Catholic Church
St. Francis Seraph is a Roman Catholic Parish that was established by the Franciscan Friars in 1859. The cornerstone for the present St. Francis church was laid in 1858, where a cemetery from the old Christ Church remained. The graves left in the cemetery were entombed in a crypt below the altar of St. Francis, and still remain there today. After its construction, St. Francis became a large part of the community, and still plays a large role today, providing assistance to numerous groups in Over-the-Rhine. Their Sarah Center program empowers women in the area by allowing them to work on their own art and jewelry, and potentially display it in stores. St. Francis also has offers a Day Laborer Bag Lunch program, which delivers bag lunches to people throughout the area who are working, and a soup kitchen regularly open to those in need.